Memory Bloat DetectionScout calculates the memory increase caused by web or background jobs, surfacing the exact transactions leading to memory bloat. Scout also tracks object allocations so you can work to minimize or eliminate unnecessary overhead within your application.
N+1 DetectionActive Record makes database ORM super easy. But it also makes it extremely easy for N+1 queries to slip in to your code. Scout has you covered by detecting N+1 queries and even listing how much time you could save by fixing them.
GitHub integrationScout collects detailed traces of slow requests and, along with our GitHub integration, shows you the exact line of code responsible for the slow response time.
Custom dataAttach custom data for context to the requests tracked by Scout. Use our Trace Explorer to search and filter based on that data.
Digest EmailsReceive daily or weekly digest emails summarizing how your apps are performing, along with highlights of outliers and endpoints which may need developer attention.
- Lower-overhead than other leading APM solutions in the market.
- View all of your performance metrics during development with DevTrace.
- Production-Safe profiling of custom code via ScoutProf.
- A clean, simple, intuitive UI shows you everything you need to see all in one place.
Scout supports Ruby on Rails 2.2+ and Ruby 1.8.7+ and auto-instrument the following libraries:
- Datastores: ActiveRecord, ElasticSearch, Mongoid, Moped and Redis
- Rack frameworks: Rails, Sinatra, Grape and Middleware
- Rails libraries: ActionView, ActionController
- External HTTP calls: HTTPClient and Net::HTTP
- Background Job Processing: Sidekiq, DelayedJob, Resque, Sneakers and Shoryuken
We offer unparalleled value when compared to the competition. Join the thousands of other developers improving the performance of their Rails apps by using ScoutAPM.